Thursday, April 16, 2009

Extra Prayers

Each night before bed we say prayers with Grant. Sometimes he wants to say them himself, but most of the time he wants me to say the prayer. After Josh and I volunteered at Doernbecher Children's Cancer Unit, it was heavy on my heart to pray with Grant for the sick kids. Especially two that I had met personally that night, Mesa and Adrianna. So in our nightly prayers I prayed for them and explained to Grant who they were.

Today he asked about my sick friends at the hospital and wanted to be reminded of their names. At bedtime again tonight he specifically asked to pray for the sick kids who are mommies friends. I said the prayer, tucked Grant in and happened to be lingering in the hall once the door was shut. I could hear him talking and did a little ease dropping. He was in his bed saying a prayer to God for those sick kids in the hospital, mommies friends Mesa and Adrianna. He wanted them to get better so they wouldn't have to get pokes.

Could a mom be any more proud of a 3 year old who says an extra prayer for sick kids he doesn't even know? I don't think so.......he never ceases to melt my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment