Saturday, May 30, 2009

Enjoying the Sunshine

We had a Super Fun Friday! It started off with a trip to the Club Sport Outdoor Pool....the second time Grant has played there this year! He has so much fun tossing and diving down to get his dive rings. It was great to see him already feeling so comfortable in the water this summer. I would like to get him in swim lessons again soon because I think he is getting close to taking off on his own. He would get about 4 feet away from me and swim to me underwater- he just needs to get down the kicking and reaching motions to propel himself.

After the pool, we came home and Grant actually took a nap...the pool must have tired him out. He woke up refreshed and ready to meet his friend Merrick Yates at Cook Park.
Anna and I got a chance to sit in the shade and catch up while the boys played. Grant made a new friend at the park. A grandpa who had a soccer ball! He played soccer with this nice older man for about 20 minutes....he will take up a soccer game with anyone who is willing. This man may not have realized that he became Grant's new best friend....so after soccer was over, he got his water bottle and went to sit next to him. Don't worry- I was only a few feet away the whole time :-) Here is Grant sitting with Grandpa Soccer!I can hardly ever get Grant to pose for the camera, but today he was rather willing. He always has to preview the picture afterwards and his comment for this one was "that is really cute." I had to agree.
After the park, we met Josh for dinner at Manzana in Lake Oswego. We ran into the Carnese Family out on the patio, which was a nice surprise. After dinner Grant wanted to check out the fountain. That ended with one wet kiddo and a car ride home in his underwear. Oh to be a carefree kid again :-)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I am so impressed with Grant's swimming abilities! He needs to show Jack a thing or two in the pool. Isn't this weather great???? Looks like your fam is enjoying it! On another note, I love how close your "name the baby" poll was. It doesn't look like it helped your decision, but both names are great, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete