Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day

I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful Mother's Day....the weather was perfect and I got to spend lots of time with my family. The morning started off with Josh, Grant and I meeting my mom, dad, Ryan (brother) and Wendi, Brooklyn and Jack at Starbucks for a morning coffee and treat. We then headed to the Zoo! We had so much fun walking all over and seeing the animals, but I think the best part was all the smiles and laughs from the kids. Grant and Brook were buddies and ran from exhibit to exhibit..

Grant hardly slowed down enough to get a Mother's Day photo with me...

Grant's main goal was to get on the train (of course). He was also super excited to see the "hippo MO pottumuses" too.

Papa John seemed to always have a kid on his back or shoulders

Grant was able to sit eye to eye with a big monkey!


After the Zoo...I was exhausted so we went home and I was able to take a nap before we headed out to dinner with Josh's mom, dad, sister and brother-in-law. We meet in the Pearl at Piazza Italia for a wonderful dinner. Grant gave me the best gift of all and sat through dinner like a perfect gentleman.....maybe the zoo had tired him out! Either way it was such a nice dinner and we followed it up with dessert and some presents at our house.

What a wonderful day! I am thankful for the wonderful moms in my life who continue to be an inspiration to me as a mother. Without your advice, love and guidance I am not sure I could be the mother I am to Grant! Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys had a great Mother's Day. I voted for a name, but really like them both. It looks like it is a close race. I can't wait to hear what you decide.

    ReplyDelete