Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A Chocolate Sister...

I get the question a lot...."Does Grant understand that you are having a baby?" As much as any 3 year old can comprehend, he gets it. We have told him from the day we found out that he was going to be a big brother and that mommy has a baby in her belly. We asked him if it was going to be a little brother or a little sister and he has always said "little sister." But he instantly went further and now thinks that he is carrying a sister in his belly. When he wants to eat cereal in the morning, he says that it is for his little sister. I think he got that during my first trimester when I went on a cereal kick! When anyone asks him what he has in his belly, he relies, "a sister." Now when you ask him what he is going to name his sister, he says "chocolate." I guess she is also going to be coming out of his nose in a few days too (ouch). Oh the things they come up with.

I think he is going to be a super big brother and is already excited to buy the baby a doggie just like his favorite doggie. Believe me, when we find out what we are having, we'll either be getting another blue doggie or a pink one from big brother Grant!

No comments:

Post a Comment